The Fire Hub - Battle Creek | About the restaurant
21792
page-template,page-template-full_width,page-template-full_width-php,page,page-id-21792,ajax_fade,page_not_loaded,,select-theme-ver-3.7,wpb-js-composer js-comp-ver-5.0.1,vc_responsive
 

About the restaurant

mission

To create a bakery and wood-fired pizzeria that nourishes the bodies, minds, and spirits of the community that we serve, while utilizing and educating the public about local and sustainable produce.

 

To support access to good, healthy food in the Battle Creek community by partnering with the Food Bank of South Central Michigan, and by assisting in their mission to provide food, advocacy, and education on hunger issues at the local level.

History

Our location is Fire Station No. 4, located on the corner Kendall Street and Dickman Road in Battle Creek. This fire station, which opened in July 1904, was designed by Hubert C. Scofield and was one of the last to still use horse-drawn equipment. After nearly eighty years of service the fire station closed in January of 1983. The city later sold the fire station to a private resident who made it his home of over 25 years and assisted in its restoration over that time period. In the fall of 2015, the building went up for sale and the FireKeepers team immediately saw its potential.
Order Online